Call for tickets at (847) 834-0738 or purchase online. Box Office Hours: Tuesdays-Fridays from 12pm-5pm.
September 25th - September 27th
ABOUT THE SERIES:
Grab your chair and head outdoors, because live performances are back for a limited time! Onstage & Outdoors is a LIVE performance series that takes place at Our Lady of Perpetual Help’s parking lot that is just diagonal to the theater. Bring the whole household to enjoy some live entertainment before it gets too cold! There is a 2 ticket minimum.
- All shows take place at Our Lady of Perpetual Help’s parking lot | 1775 Grove St. Glenview, IL 60025
- MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT. If do not want to adhere to the safety protocols we request you stay home or you will be asked to leave and not given a refund. A full list of safety precautions are listed below.
- This a BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) event. However, a standard folding chair can be rented using our ticketing system.
- Bathrooms are located across the street at Oil Lamp Theater. We suggest individuals use the restroom before attending
- There are scheduled rain days for each event.
Click for more information
by Joe Landry
November 27th - December 30th
It’s a Wonderful Life – A Live Radio Play has become a holiday tradition at Oil Lamp – a tradition that audiences embrace enthusiastically as they’re swept up in the magic and whimsy of this timeless classic. Only seven actors bring the dozens of characters to life in a 1946 radio play — complete with sound effects – that tells the story of George Bailey, a young man whose troubles lead him to wish he’d never been born. He is visited by the angel Clarence who comes to earth on Christmas Eve to help George realize how many lives he has touched, just how blessed he has been, and how different the world would be if he’d never been there.
Oil Lamp Theater again transforms the intimate Glenview theater space into the studio of New York radio station WBFR on Christmas Eve in 1946 for this warmhearted adaptation of the famous Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed film. But at Oil Lamp Theater, the magic isn’t only on the stage! Audiences will be captured by the tinsel-and-holly enchantment of a traditional Christmas from the moment they enter the theater. The tree is up in the lobby, holiday music is playing, a miniature train is chugging away… and of course, complimentary cookies, nuts, candy and hot chocolate are available for all!
Tickets on sale soon!
Complimentary cookies and hot chocolate at each performance.
Group rates available – contact box office at 847.834.0738.
Click for more information